Man who went into cardiac arrest at Beccles Lido died in hospital, say family
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
The man who went into cardiac arrest at Beccles Lido and was airlifted to hospital earlier this week has died.
In a post on the lido's Facebook page, the man's stepdaughter praised the bystanders, lifeguards and medical staff who helped when he got into difficulty in the pool on Tuesday, but said he had died in hospital.
Shaun Crowley from the lido said he was 'very sad' to hear of the man's death, and that everyone at the lido was thinking of his family.
Off-duty ambulance staff and nurses at the pool helped the man when he collapsed, and ambulance crews arrived at the pool in Puddingmoor shortly afterwards.
They were able to restart the man's heart and he was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
The East Anglian Air Ambulance commended the lifeguards for their 'prompt actions' after pulling the man from the water.