Man who absconded from Norwich hospital arrested in London
- Credit: Archant
Police can confirm a 21-year-old man, wanted after absconding from Hellesdon Hospital in Norwich on Saturday, has been arrested.
Paul Stranks was detained in London at around 7.30pm on Saturday.
Prior to receiving treatment at the hospital, Stranks had been on remand in prison awaiting trial after being charged with rape following an incident in Temple Road in Great Yarmouth on Monday 28 March.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes