Man threatens delivery driver with knife
- Credit: Submitted
A man was arrested after threatening a delivery driver with a knife.
Police were called to Alderson Road in Great Yarmouth on Sunday, February 21, after a man in his 40s wielded "a bladed article" at a delivery driver at 3.30pm.
The man was arrested and questioned at the town's investigation centre before being released under investigation.
One eyewitness said he was fixing his car when he saw a delivery van turn onto Alderson Road at around 3.15pm.
He said there was then a "commotion", with the driver "speeding away" and a neighbour saying police had been called.
He said: "We were all told to stay in the house because firearms were there. A man was arrested pretty soon after police arrived but they were still trying to gain entry via the front and back of the house until around 5.10pm.
"There were police blocking both ends of Alderson Road and Apollo Walk, with at least six police vehicles on scene."
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
A Norfolk police spokesperson said enquiries are ongoing.