Man threatens delivery driver with knife
- Credit: Submitted
A man was arrested after threatening a delivery driver with a knife.
Police were called to Alderson Road in Great Yarmouth on Sunday, February 21, after a man in his 40s wielded "a bladed article" at a delivery driver at 3.30pm.
The man was arrested and questioned at the town's investigation centre before being released under investigation.
One eyewitness said he was fixing his car when he saw a delivery van turn onto Alderson Road at around 3.15pm.
He said there was then a "commotion", with the driver "speeding away" and a neighbour saying police had been called.
He said: "We were all told to stay in the house because firearms were there. A man was arrested pretty soon after police arrived but they were still trying to gain entry via the front and back of the house until around 5.10pm.
"There were police blocking both ends of Alderson Road and Apollo Walk, with at least six police vehicles on scene."
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 7 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork
- 8 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
A Norfolk police spokesperson said enquiries are ongoing.