Man taken to hospital with stab wounds after incident in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following an incident in Lowestoft this afternoon where another man sustained a number of stab wounds.
Police were called to Alma Street, Lowestoft at just after 1.35pm today, to a report a man had been stabbed.
Officers attended and began enquiries into what had happened.
A 20-year-old man was arrested a short time later on suspicion of GBH and he has been taken into custody.
An ambulance and ambulance officer from East of England Ambulance Service Trust are also attending the scene along with an air ambulance from the East Anglian Air Ambulance after being called at 1.46pm today.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said: 'A male believed to be in his late teens or early twenties is being treated at the scene for multiple injuries.
'He is conscious and breathing and will be taken by land ambulance to the James Paget University Hospital for further treatment. His condition is not thought to be life threatening.'
- 1 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 5 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 8 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change
Residents reported seeing a group of four people in the area before the incident happened.
One resident, who wished to remain anonymous, said: 'I didn't hear or see anything until I looked out my window and saw there were a group of guys and police cars and officers cordoning off the road.'
A vehicle was also seized by police as part of ongoing investigations.
Anyone who saw any part of the incident, or any suspicious activity in the area around this time, is asked to call officers at Lowestoft by dialling Suffolk Police on 101 and quoting CAD number 195 of today, Monday January 9.