Man taken to hospital after car he was working on fell on top of him
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A man who has been working on a car has been taken to hospital after a ramp he was working under collapsed and fell on top of him.
Emergency services were called to reports of a person being trapped underneath a vehicle at Henry Cross Close, Shipdham, near Dereham at just after 9.20am on Saturday (September 21).
Fire crews from Dereham attended and used pneumatic airbags to release the casualty and provided casualty care.
A spokesman in the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service control room said the casualty had been working on a car at home when the ramp collapsed and the vehicle fell on top of him.
The spokesman said the casualty was taken to hospital by ambulance but there were no more details at this time,
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, shortly before 9.10am on Saturday a crew from King's Lynn North attended a fire on a grass verge on the Walton Road and extinguished it using hose reel jets.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move