Man suffers serious head injury in accident that closed busy rural Norfolk road
- Credit: Archant
A man remains in hospital after suffering serious head injuries in an accident that closed a busy South Norfolk road between Attleborough and Diss.
Emergency services were called shortly after 3pm on yesterday (October 15) to Winfarthing following a collision involving two cars on the B1077.
A blue Kia Rio, which was travelling from Attleborough towards Winfarthing, and a grey Ford Mondeo, which was travelling in the opposite direction, collided at Short Green.
The driver of the Kia, a man aged in his 60s, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital with a serious head injury, where he remains for treatment.
The driver of the Ford, a man aged in his 50s, was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed whilst emergency services attended. Fire crews from Diss, Attleborough and Long Stratton used specialist rescue and cutting equipment.
The road was reopened at about 9pm. The B1077 is a rural two carriageways road with long straight sections but with sharp turns and section passing through small villages. The stretch of the where the accident occurred has a 50mph limit.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
Police are appealing for witnesses and are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the collision or has dash-cam footage of the incident.
They should contact PC Craig Knowles at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101 quoting reference 227 of 15/10/2018.
• Check our live traffic map before you travel