Man is seriously injured at Norwich taxi office
- Credit: SOPHIE WYLLIE
A man has been seriously injured at a Norwich city centre taxi office.
The accident happened at the Courtesy Taxis base on Prince of Wales Road in the early hours of Sunday, December 17.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said they were called to the scene at 1.16am on Sunday.
'A rapid response vehicle and ambulance attended and treated a patient, believed to a man in his 30s, with a suspected head injury.
'He was taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital in a stable condition.'
You may also want to watch:
Courtesy Taxis managing director Mark Streeter said the man, who has yet to be identified, had gone into Courtesy Taxis with his girlfriend in the early hours of Sunday when he collapsed as he walked down the stairs on the way out.
He said: 'The gentleman was walking calmly out and on the last few stairs he had a wobble and collapsed and banged his head.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
'It was an horrendous incident and our hearts go out to the man and his family at this time.
'We are shocked and stunned and wish him a speedy recovery.
'Everyone on the night dealt with it fantastically – staff, ambulance staff and paramedics.
'We have been trading in Prince of Wales Road for eight and a half years and never had an incident before.'
A Norfolk Police control room supervisor said police had attended the scene and were assisting Norwich City Council with an investigation after the man was seriously injured.
The spokesperson said: 'This is not a police investigation. It is currently believed that no crime has taken place.'
A police forensic services van was seen outside the taxi rank, closed off by police tape, and a PCSO was stood outside the business entrance on Sunday morning.
Courtesy Taxis is in the heart of Norwich's clubland.