Man’s hands cut as he tries to fight off knife robber in Norwich street
Three robbers armed with knives told a man to hand over his phone as they threatened him on a Norwich street.
Police are appealing for witnesses to theft which happened on Exeter Street, off Dereham Road, at about 11.55pm on Sunday. The victim had been walking to a friend's house when he spotted a man tying his shoelaces beside a tree next to the Ferndale Business Centre.
As he approached, the man pulled out a knife. The victim suffered a cut to his hand as he tried to defend himself. Another two men, also with knives, then appeared from around a corner, and demanded his phone
The victim gave them his two phones and the three suspects ran off along Exeter Street and turned left into Orchard Street.
One of the robbers was described as white with large black bushy eyebrows, 5ft 7in to 5ft 8in tall, of slim build and aged 17 or 18. He was wearing a black coat with the hood up, a black scarf with a white pattern on it, and black trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call DC David Walker at Bethel Street station on 0845 4564567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath