Man’s body found in water after search for missing person
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A man's body has been found in water at Wells harbour by emergency services, police have confirmed.
Police and the coastguard made the discovery at about 9am on Saturday, following reports of a missing person.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'Officers from Norfolk police and other emergency services including HM Coastguard have been working together on a missing person's enquiry in Wells.
'Concerns for the safety of a local resident were reported earlier this morning.
'The search was conducted around the Wells harbour area.
You may also want to watch:
'We can confirm the body of a man has been recovered from the water, and next of kin have been informed.
'The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but it is not believed to be suspicious.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
'No further details will be released at this time.'