Man’s body found in water after search for missing person
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A man's body has been found in water at Wells harbour by emergency services, police have confirmed.
Police and the coastguard made the discovery at about 9am on Saturday, following reports of a missing person.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'Officers from Norfolk police and other emergency services including HM Coastguard have been working together on a missing person's enquiry in Wells.
'Concerns for the safety of a local resident were reported earlier this morning.
'The search was conducted around the Wells harbour area.
'We can confirm the body of a man has been recovered from the water, and next of kin have been informed.
'The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but it is not believed to be suspicious.
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 3 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 4 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 5 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 6 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 7 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 8 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
- 9 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 10 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
'No further details will be released at this time.'