Man’s body found in water after search for missing person
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A man's body has been found in water at Wells harbour by emergency services, police have confirmed.
Police and the coastguard made the discovery at about 9am on Saturday, following reports of a missing person.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'Officers from Norfolk police and other emergency services including HM Coastguard have been working together on a missing person's enquiry in Wells.
'Concerns for the safety of a local resident were reported earlier this morning.
'The search was conducted around the Wells harbour area.
You may also want to watch:
'We can confirm the body of a man has been recovered from the water, and next of kin have been informed.
'The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but it is not believed to be suspicious.
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 4 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 5 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Water outages hit homes across city
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 People released from car after crash closes road
- 10 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
'No further details will be released at this time.'