Man’s body found at home in Sprowston
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a man's body was found in a Sprowston home on Thursday.
Officers were called to a bungalow, believed to be the man's home, in Colindeep Lane at 10.45am because of concerns for the man.
The body of was discovered inside the home and police said the death is currently being treated as 'unexplained'.
The bungalow has been sealed off while detectives investigate, but the road itself remains open, and two police forensics vans were parked nearby in the late afternoon. Police are expected to remain there overnight.
Neighbours described the man who lives in the property as 'quiet', and said he had moved in one or two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
One said: 'I came home from work and quite surprisingly saw the police outside. I was quite surprised as it's a quiet residential street.
'This part of the street is elderly, mature people, and it's not something I would have expected. I'm quite shocked and sad.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
'I never talked to the guy. He kept himself to himself. He spent some time doing up his garden when he came. He was very quiet.'
The bungalow appeared to be well-kept, with a gravelled-over front garden and well-tended pot plants.
There was no sign of damage to the property.
No arrests have been made.
Police said officers are now trying to find the man's next of kin.