Man rescued after mobility scooter sparks Great Yarmouth house blaze

An elderly man was rescued from a Great Yarmouth home in the early hours of this morning, after a blaze was sparked by a mobility scooter.

Firefighters were called to Midland Close at 1.50am today (Tuesday) to reports that a mobility scooter was on fire.

When Yarmouth fire crews arrived they found the fire had spread to a home, with at least one person reported to be trapped inside.

Two further fire appliances from Yarmouth were sent to the blaze and fire crews rescued an elderly man from the property.

By 2.12pm all people were accounted for and the man was treated by the ambulance service.

The company which supplies electricity to the home were called to isolate the power display and Norfolk police were also at the scene.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter