Man released under police investigation following sexual assault in Lowestoft
A man has been released under police investigation following an allegation of sexual assault in Lowestoft.
The 33-year-old was arrested in the early hours of the morning on Sunday, August 13 after it was reported that a woman had been sexually assaulted on an area of Lowestoft beach.
The 21-year-old woman had met with the man on the evening of Saturday, August 12.
Police were initially called at 12.31am and, having arrived at the scene near to the Hatfield Hotel, the man was identified to police and arrested at 1.45am. He was taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre.
Specially trained officers subsequently met with the woman to gain further details about the assault and the scene was the subject of a forensic examination.
You may also want to watch:
The man has now been released pending further enquiries.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 9 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each