Man proposes to girlfriend in Great Yarmouth shopping centre
HE bought the ring three years ago and had been planning a special proposal ever since but when Ryan Gamble got down on one knee for the love of his life, Sophie, he didn't expect her to turn and run away.
Mr Gamble, 25, a supervisor, proposed to his girlfriend, Sophie Wilshire, 19, outside Flaarz florists in Market Gates on Valentine's Day.
He bought the love of his life a princess cut diamond ring on a white gold band and dropped to one knee while they were on their lunch breaks from work.
But Miss Wilshire, who said she was 'embarrassed' darted and made a beeline for the nearest shop. However, after she was coaxed out of the shop, she said yes.
Mr Gamble said: 'I have had the ring for three years. I was going to propose when we went to Disneyland in Paris three years ago but I chickened out because there was 4,000 people in the park.
You may also want to watch:
'Sophie has not been hinting that she wanted to get married but I knew she would say yes.'
The couple who live in Station Road North in Belton plan to marry in around two years time.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
Miss Wilshire was given 100 red roses and a giant helium balloon by Flaarz.
'I was very surprised and a bit embarrassed but I'm really pleased. The flowers are gorgeous,' said Miss Wilshire, who works as a hairdresser.
Director of Flaarz, Theresa Eagle, said: 'The first loving couple to come into the shop and drop down on one knee was given 100 red roses.
'I just thought that we had to do something to celebrate Valentine's Day in the town. Ryan and Sophie are a lovely couple, I am really pleased for them.'