Man pronounced dead at roadside
- Credit: Archant
A man has been pronounced dead at a roadside in Thetford.
Norfolk Police are investigating after a man was pronounced dead at Brandon Road, Thetford, last night (Thursday, October 3).
Paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) and police attended the area by the side of the road.
The man was pronounced dead just before 8pm.
Detective chief inspector Marie James said: "We know this incident will have caused concern among local residents, and the local Safer Neighbourhood Policing Team will be conducting reassurance patrols in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"Enquiries are continuing to establish the circumstances surrounding this man's death and we would be keen to hear from anyone who may know anything that could help our investigation."
Two police tents were up at the scene on Friday morning, with the underpass near Canon's Close cordoned off, along with an area of the nearby Water Meadow.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
Firefighters from Thetford were also called to Brandon Road at about 8.40pm.
A spokesperson said they lit the area using fire engine lights so police could continue their investigations. The two pumps sent were stood down just after 9pm.
- Anyone with information is asked to contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting incident number 413 of 3 October 2019 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.