Man jailed for five years after police seize firearms from boat at Beccles Quay
- Credit: Archant
A 45-year-old man has been jailed for five years for firearms offences after police recovered weapons from a boat in Beccles.
Pepe Flynn, who was living on a boat moored on the River Waveney, appeared at Ipswich Crown Court on April 21 where he was jailed for a total of five years after pleading guilty to a series of offences.
They were two counts of possession of a shotgun when prohibited for life, two counts of possession of a prohibited firearm of length less than 30cm/60cm, possession of ammunition for a firearm when prohibited for life and possession of ammunition for a firearm without a certificate.
He was also ordered to forfeit the ammunition and seized weapons – including a black harpoon gun, a double-barrelled shotgun, two handmade pipe guns and a black revolver style handgun - and to pay a victim surcharge of £170.
Police became aware that the occupant of a boat moored at The Quay in Beccles may be unlawfully in possession of firearms, and officers arrested Flynn on March 18. A search was completed of the boat and a number of items were seized including shotgun cartridges and other live ammunition.
You may also want to watch:
Flynn had previously been jailed for offences and was prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition. He did not hold a certificate for either the weapons or ammunition and was charged with firearms offences on March 19.
He made his first appearance before Norwich Magistrates on March 20 where he was remanded in custody.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 7 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs