Man jailed for a year and two weeks for dangerous driving on the A12
- Credit: Archant
A 26-year-old man has been jailed for a year and two weeks after being found guilty of dangerous driving.
Antonio Giddens, of Hillyard Road in west London – who also lived in Carlton Colville – was arrested following an incident on the A12, near Wrentham, about 11.30am on Friday, August 24 last year.
Following information received, police attempted to stop a Ford Mondeo on the northbound A12. However the vehicle made off at speeds above 60mph through the village making numerous overtaking manoeuvres in the face of oncoming traffic, forcing vehicles travelling south to take evasive action.
Police said the vehicle was subject to a stinger deployment and was 'stung' exiting the village, but it continued northbound being driven in the same manner before finally coming to a stop at Kessingland Dam where the occupants were detained by roads policing and Territorial Support Team officers.
A number of witnesses were traced by police, and through a media appeal, and Giddens was subsequently charged with offences including dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday and was found guilty, being sentenced to a year and two weeks imprisonment.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault