Man is attacked with baton in Great Yarmouth
Police are hunting for a bald man who used an extendable baton to assault a pedestrian in Great Yarmouth.
The assault happened on Monday in Southtown when the victim, a man aged in his 30s, was walking along Anson Road when a black Vauxhaull Corsa drove past him at about 12.30pm.
An unknown male then got out of the vehicle and assaulted the victim with an extendable baton.
No injuries were caused during the incident.
The suspect left the scene in the Vauxhall Corsa in the direction of Suffolk Road.
Police have said the offender was a white male with a large build and had a bald head.
He was wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone with information, should contact PC Adam Rowland at Gorleston Police Station on 101.
Alternatively witnesses can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.