Man in his 80s dies after two-car crash on the A11 at Barton Mills
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A man in his 80s has died after a serious two-car crash on the A11 at Barton Mills.
Emergency services were called at 2.20pm on Saturday to the crash at the Fiveways roundabout, which involved a gold Volkswagen Golf and a white Suzuki Swift.
Suffolk fire service sent four crews, the air ambulance landed and multiple ambulances attended, but a man in his 80s, the driver of the Golf, died at the scene.
Two occupants of the Suzuki were taken to hospital, but their injuries are not believed to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed in both directions between Mildenhall and Red Lodge, and the northbound carriageway remained closed until just before 7.50pm.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
Kevin Brown, director of service delivery at the East of England Ambulance Trust, described the incident on Twitter as a 'very serious multi-casualty' crash.
• Police are appealing for information and have asked anyone with information to contact 101 quoting reference 241 of July 22, 2017.