Man killed in crash with VW campervan
- Credit: Emily Thomson
A man in 70s has died after a collision with a VW campervan.
Emergency services were called at 8.30pm on Thursday to the A1066 Mundford Road close to the junction with Croxton Road after a crash between a pedestrian and the yellow campervan.
The pedestrian - a local man - was treated by paramedics but died at the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 8.36pm on Thursday to reports of a collision at the junction of Mundford Road and Croxton Road, Thetford.
"We sent two ambulances, an ambulance officer and Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS). Sadly, despite our best efforts, one person died at the scene."
You may also want to watch:
A worker in the area, who did not wish to be named, said: "It's horrible someone having an accident like that, you don't wish it on anyone.
"Everyone is always a bit cautious at that junction, as a driver as well everyone knows it's a bad area. I'm always aware of people pulling out there. It's very sad."
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have any information or witnessed the collision, particularly anyone who saw the manner of driving of any of the vehicles involved.
Anyone who can help should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at at email@example.com or by calling 101, quoting incident number 474 of Thursday August 22.