Man in his 20s dies after two-car crash in Aldeby
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has died after a two-car crash in Aldeby.
Police were called to the incident on Beccles Road at about 7.45am yesterday morning, April 28, after a white Fiat 500 and a black Mitsubishi L200, which were travelling in opposite directions, crashed.
Despite the best efforts of paramedics, the Fiat driver, a man aged in his 20s, died at the scene.
The road was closed while emergency services carried out investigations, reopening at 1.30pm.
Three fire crews were also called to the scene from Great Yarmouth, Beccles and Lowestoft South.
Margaret Stone, who represents Aldeby on Norfolk County Council, said: 'It is so sad yet again to hear of a young man being tragically killed in a car crash on our local roads.
'I send my deepest sympathy to his family and friends.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 8 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 9 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 10 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
'Norfolk County Council keeps the details of any accident throughout Norfolk in order to analyse and look at preventative measures. The data includes driving conditions, time of day, visibility, age of the driver and type of vehicles and based on that information we can improve situations to prevent this happening.
'It is always tragic to hear of these accidents, particularly when the driver is so young.'
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or has information about the driving manner of the vehicles.
Anyone with information should contact 101.