Man in critical condition following Thetford assault
A man has been left with serious head injuries following an assault in Thetford.
Police were called to an address on Fir Road shortly before 2am today (Sunday) following reports of a disturbance.
A 65-year-old man suffered serious head injuries and was treated by paramedics at the scene. He was later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital where his condition is described as critical.
A 56-year-old has been arrested in connection with the incident and remains in custody at Bury Police Investigation Centre.
A seal remains in place at the address and officers have been conducting house to house enquiries this afternoon.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party