Man in court charged with causing death by dangerous driving following Bungay crash
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
A man has appeared in court having been charged with causing death by dangerous driving following a crash in Suffolk.
Shane Lay, 42, of Broome, died following the collision in Bridge Street, Bungay, at around 1.40am on Friday, May 13 2016.
Andrew Saunders, 50, of Swan Close, Halesworth, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Thursday, September 28 having been charged in connection with the incident.
The case was formally sent to Ipswich Crown Court on October 26.
The defendant was granted bail.
You may also want to watch:
Following his death, Mr Lay was described by a friend as 'always happy and cheerful'.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut