Man in 40s remains in hospital after broad daylight assault in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Simon Taylor
Further details of an assault in Great Yarmouth on Monday evening have been confirmed by police.
Police were called to York Road in the town after a person suffered a head injury in an assault and had to be taken to hospital.
Police have now confirmed the victim was a man aged in his 40s, who was walking on the road at around 4.50pm when he spoke to an unknown man who approached him soon after.
The victim was then assaulted by the other man, causing him to fall and hit his head on the ground. He was then taken to the James Paget University Hospital where he remains in a serious, but stable condition.
The attacker is described as being in his late 30s to early 40s, of a large build, approximately 5ft 8in with short, shaven hair.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a beige T-shirt and grey tracksuit bottoms.
Anybody who witnessed the incident should contact PC Gary Brown on 101.
- 1 City youngsters defeated in seven goal thriller at the Walks
- 2 OPINION: Kindness and understanding can help to fix any UK crisis
- 3 How many of these 127 Great Taste Award-winning products have you tried?
- 4 Disney magic as Bedknobs and Broomsticks comes to Norwich Theatre Royal
- 5 Why you should no longer feel awkward about flatulence
- 6 Council rejects call to explore possibility of new footpaths
- 7 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 8 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 9 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply
- 10 WATCH LIVE: City's U23s take on West Brom at the Walks