Man in 40s dies after Mercedes crashes into tree
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s has died after his Mercedes collided with a tree over the weekend.
Police have appealed for witnesses to the collision, which happened in the early hours of Saturday, January 18 in Lingwood.
At around 3.10am, on Blofield Road, close to the junction with Neve's Close, a silver Mercedes E300 careered off the road and into a tree.
Emergency services attended the incident but the driver, a man aged in his 40s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident saw the road close for more than five hours, reopening to traffic at 9am.
You may also want to watch:
Police have appealed for anybody who may have witnessed the collision or who may have dashcam footage or information regarding the driving manner of the vehicle prior to the incident to come forward.
Witnesses should contact the serious collision investigations team at Wymondham on 101, quoting incident number 46 of January 18.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy