Man got out of car to hit woman in the face and then reversed into her
- Credit: Archant
A man got out of his car and hit a woman walking down a country road in the face before getting back in his vehicle and reversing into her.
Police have appealed for witnesses to the assault, which happened in Bray's Lane, near Attleborough on Saturday, September 23.
A spokesman for the force said the victim was walking near the junction of Magpie Lane, heading away from the village of Rockland St Peter, when the assault happened between 12.30pm and 12.55pm.
The spokesman said a man driving a black Renault Clio stopped, got out and assaulted the woman by hitting her in the face.
He then returned to the vehicle and reversed the car, hitting the woman.
You may also want to watch:
The man then fled from the scene.
The woman sustained minor injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
A man, aged in his late 20s, was arrested shortly after in connection with the incident and taken into police custody for questioning.
He has since been bailed until October 19 pending further enquiries.
Officers are still keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, in particular any vehicle that drove past the victim following the collision.
Witnesses should contact Detective Constable Jill McAndie at Norwich CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.