Man found bleeding and lying in the road after Wymondham assault
- Credit: �Archant Photographic 2009
A man was found bleeding and lying the road after an attack in the centre of a small, quiet Norfolk market town.
Police were called at approximately 12.20am on Sunday, July 16 to reports of an assault believed to have occurred on the corner of Damgate Street and Market Street, in the centre of Wymondham.
When they arrived, they found two men lying in the road - one of whom was bleeding and believed to be unconscious.
Two ambulance crews and an ambulance officer also attended and treated the two men for head injuries, before taking them to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further treatment.
Two people from the South Norfolk area, one aged 17 and one aged 16, were later arrested in connection with the incident. They have been released, pending further investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101, quoting reference number 36/52079/17. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 4 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 5 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk