Man dies in crash on A148 between Holt and Fakenham
- Credit: Ian Burt
Police said he was was driving a Mitsubishi Colt, which was involved in a head-on collision with a VW Tiguan on the Holt Road at Bale, near Thursford.
The crash happened at shortly before 4pm yesterday when a red Mitsubishi Colt travelling towards Fakenham was involved in a collision with a red VW Tiguan travelling in the opposite direction towards Holt.
In a statement this morning, police said: 'The driver of the Mitsubishi, a man in his 30s, sadly died at the scene as a result of his injuries. The driver and passenger of the VW, a man and woman, suffered minor injuries.
'Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the incident.
'Witnesses should contact the serious collision investigation team at Wymondham on 101.'
You may also want to watch:
The East Anglian Ambulance Service sent an ambulance, rapid response vehicle, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian air ambulance to the collision.
Tne road was closed in both directions until 10.45pm.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies