Man dies after crash in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s has died following a crash in Scarning, near Dereham, police have confirmed.
And a second man is in hospital with what police describe as 'serious' head injuries, after the black Jeep Cherokee they were travelling in crashed.
It happened on Dereham Road at just after 9.30am on Monday. No other vehicles were involved.
Police said one of the men was pronounced dead at the scene. The other man, also in his 40s, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
The road was closed between the Greenbanks Hotel and Carr Lane while emergency services attended and motorists were advised to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
The road did not reopen until about 4.30pm.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who saw the crash or who may have any dash camera footage showing what happened.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
Any witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Wymondham on 101 quoting incident number 98 of 25 February 2019 or email firstname.lastname@example.org