Man dies after serious crash at Wortwell which saw three others - including a young child - injured
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A man has died after a serious crash at Wortwell, near Harleston, which saw three others - including a young child - injured.
Emergency services were called to the A143 just after 4.30pm yesterday afternoon after the two-car crash.
The male driver of a silver Peugeot 206 was taken by air ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, but died last night, police confirmed.
The female driver of a red Seat Ibiza was also airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious leg injuries. She is now said to be in a stable condition.
A man in the second car was taken to West Suffolk Hospital by land ambulance suffering from serious leg injuries, while a young child was also taken to West Suffolk Hospital with injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Two other passengers in the second car, a man and a young child, were taken to the West Suffolk Hospital with minor injuries.
The A143 was closed between Bungay and Harleston to allow officers to conduct accident investigation work, but it has now reopened.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 8 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
• If you have information, contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.