Police name man who died after his motorcycle left a road and collided with fence in Brandon
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man who died following a motorcycle accident in Brandon has been named as Andrew Snowie.
The 59-year-old, from Brandon, was on his motorbike when it left the road and collided with a fence on Green Road, close to the junction with Blackbird Avenue just after 5.15pm on Friday, March 3.
He was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, in a critical condition, and he died from his injuries.
The road was closed following the collision while emergency services attended the scene, and it was reopened shortly after 8pm the same day.
It is believed that Mr Snowie was travelling from Brandon town centre towards Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Constabulary has launched an appeal for witnesses.
Anyone who saw the collision, or who has any information to assist the enquiry, should contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD 299 of 3 March.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups