Police name man who died after his motorcycle left a road and collided with fence in Brandon
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man who died following a motorcycle accident in Brandon has been named as Andrew Snowie.
The 59-year-old, from Brandon, was on his motorbike when it left the road and collided with a fence on Green Road, close to the junction with Blackbird Avenue just after 5.15pm on Friday, March 3.
He was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, in a critical condition, and he died from his injuries.
The road was closed following the collision while emergency services attended the scene, and it was reopened shortly after 8pm the same day.
It is believed that Mr Snowie was travelling from Brandon town centre towards Thetford.
Suffolk Constabulary has launched an appeal for witnesses.
Anyone who saw the collision, or who has any information to assist the enquiry, should contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD 299 of 3 March.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword