Man dies after coming off his bike in Norfolk village
- Credit: Google Streetview
A cyclist has died in hospital after coming off his bike in a Norfolk village.
It happened at around 9pm on Saturday in Horstead when the cyclist collided with the kerb on Norwich Road and came off his bike.
A spokesperson from the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed the man, aged in his 50s, had suffered a cardiac arrest.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious head injuries, where he has since died.
MORE: Man suffers serious head injuries after coming off his bikeThe road was closed while emergency services attended but was reopened around 3am.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident, particularly any drivers who have dash cam footage and saw the cyclist riding along Wroxham Road, Church Street and Norwich Road.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Acle Roads Policing Team on 101.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft