Man dies after car crashes into block of flats in Holt
- Credit: ALLY McGILVRAY
A man has died after a car left the road and smashed into a block of flats in Holt.
The 4x4-type vehicle was being driven along the town's Kerridge Way when the driver appears to have taken ill at the wheel.
Emergency services raced to the scene after the alarm was raised shortly after 5.30pm on Tuesday.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were all in attendance.
However, despite desperate efforts to save him, the casualty was pronounced dead at the scene.
For more on this story, pick up a copy of Wednesday's EDP.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 7 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge