Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A man in his 50s has died after a head on-collision between a car and a van on the A143 Beccles Road.
The front seat passenger of a white VW van has died after a collision with a silver Mercedes A Class in the early hours of Saturday morning (October 23).
Norfolk Police was called by a member of the public to the incident at 1.40am, which happened in Belton, near Fritton, along the A143 Beccles Road.
A white HGV articulated lorry was also involved in the incident.
The driver of the white VW van was also injured but not fatally, with the details not known at present.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended as both the car and van caught fire after the collision.
The scene was made safe and the vehicle occupants were released using hydraulic rescue equipment.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
The A143 Beccles Road is currently shut both ways between The Decoy Tavern and Beccles Road for emergency repairs due to the extensive damage caused by the fire.
It is not expected to reopen until Monday afternoon at the earliest.
Norfolk Police is appealing for witnesses to the incident.