Man suffers serious head injuries after coming off his bike
- Credit: James Bass
A man has suffered serious head injuries after coming off his bike in a Norfolk village.
It happened at around 9pm on Saturday in Horstead when the cyclist collided with the kerb on Norwich Road and came off his bike.
The man, aged in his 50s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious head injuries, where he remains in a serious condition.
A spokesperson from the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed the man had suffered a cardiac arrest.
The road was closed while emergency services attended but was reopened around 3am.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident, particularly any drivers who have dash cam footage and saw the cyclist riding along Wroxham Road, Church Street and Norwich Road.
Anyone with information should contact the Acle Roads Policing Team on 101.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm