Man suffers serious head injuries after coming off his bike
- Credit: James Bass
A man has suffered serious head injuries after coming off his bike in a Norfolk village.
It happened at around 9pm on Saturday in Horstead when the cyclist collided with the kerb on Norwich Road and came off his bike.
The man, aged in his 50s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious head injuries, where he remains in a serious condition.
A spokesperson from the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed the man had suffered a cardiac arrest.
The road was closed while emergency services attended but was reopened around 3am.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident, particularly any drivers who have dash cam footage and saw the cyclist riding along Wroxham Road, Church Street and Norwich Road.
Anyone with information should contact the Acle Roads Policing Team on 101.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'