Man charged with rape in Yarmouth town centre
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man has been charged with rape following an incident in Great Yarmouth town centre.
Detectives from Norfolk Constabulary's Rape Investigation Unit have charged a 21-year-old man with rape.
Paul Stranks, of Howard Street North, Great Yarmouth, was charged on Monday with rape of a woman.
Stranks was remanded to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court where he was further remanded in custody to appear at Norwich Crown Court on Monday, April 25.
The charge relates to an incident near to Temple Road in Great Yarmouth on Sunday involving a 20-year-old woman victim.
A forensic tent was set up by police in the early hours of Sunday morning close to the Market Gates bus station.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 4 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 5 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 8 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 9 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 10 Award-winning Norwich pub celebrates 30 years in style