Man charged with drink driving after Mercedes crashes at Caister Haven
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with drink driving at an east coast holiday park.
Police were called to the Caister Haven Holiday Park in Ormesby Road at 12.20am to reports that a vehicle had struck a fence of the outside decking area at the on-site Mash and Barrel bar and restaurant.
Upon arrival police found a Mercedes had crashed and a fence was damaged.
Robert Bloxham, 47, of Crick in Northamptonshire, was charged by police with driving with excess alcohol after being taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre (PIC) for questioning on Sunday.
A caravan owner at the site, who wished to remain anonymous, said it was a shame to see the seating area damaged just before the start of the school summer holidays.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Hopefully it'll be fixed up quickly.'
Bloxham has been bailed by police to appear at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Monday, July 31.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area