Man attacked in attempted robbery near Lowestoft Town Football Club ground
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting for a man who punched another man near Lowestoft Football Club as he attempted to rob him over the weekend.
At around 6pm on Sunday, November 19, a man in his 20s was approached on Love Road, near the junctions of Seago Street and Woolaston Road and told to empty his pockets.
When he refused, the suspect - described as white, approximately 6ft and slim - punched him in the face and fled empty handed.
The victim sustained facial bruising and swelling in the attack, but was not robbed of any belongings.
The suspect was wearing dark colours - possibly black - and had his hood up at the time of the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives investigating the attempted robbery are appealing for witnesses who may have seen a man of this description, or has any information that may assist with enquiries.
Anybody with information should contact Lowestoft CID at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference 74487/17.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones