Man arrested on suspicion of rape at Aldeburgh
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Detectives investigating the rape of a young woman in Aldeburgh have arrested a 22-year-old man in connection with the incident.
The suspect, from Aldeburgh, was arrested late yesterday afternoon on suspicion of rape.
He was taken into custody at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he was interviewed by officers. He has now been bailed to return to police, following further inquiries, on January 3.
The young woman had left the Railway public house in Aldeburgh around 10pm on Friday, September 30 after attending a live music event. She was walking along Leiston Road when she was approached by a man who walked her to The Plantation where she was raped in an alleyway.
Police are continuing to appeal to anyone who was in the pub during the evening or anyone who may have seen a man walking with a woman in Leiston Road or at The Plantation after around 10pm to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Lowestoft CID by calling Suffolk Constabulary on 101 and quoting crime number 58482/16.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 9 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each