Man arrested on drink driving offences after he was rescued from his car
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested for drink driving offences after he was involved in a single-vehicle collision in the early hours.
The man, who was driving a silver Ford Focus, had to rescued from his car after the crash in Reepham Road, Felthorpe, north-west of Norwich, just before 3am this morning (Sunday, November 5).
Three fire crews from Sprowston, Carrow and Earlham stations were called to the scene, and managed to get the man out of the car using hydraulic rescue equipment.
The firefighters also carried out scene safety and casualty care duties, before the man was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further treatment.
A police spokesman said he was then arrested.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: 'One male driver was taken to hospital and has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving. An investigation is ongoing.'
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 10 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers