Man arrested after head-on crash in Dereham
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested after failing a roadside drug test following a two car crash in Dereham last night.
Emergency services attended the scene of the crash on Moorgate Road just after 5pm.
A man in his 50s was arrested after being swabbed by police and was taken to King's Lynn for further tests. However he was released without charge after a blood test failed to find a significant level of drugs in his blood.
The road was blocked for more than an hour while the site was cleared and the damaged vehicles removed.
The accident caused delays during rush hour traffic as drivers were unable to return to their homes.
You may also want to watch:
It is not believed there were any injuries as a result of the crash.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences