Man arrested after fatal crash in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
A man has died and another has been arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol after a crash near Thetford this morning.
Emergency services were called at 5.05am to a crash between a Ford Mondeo and a Fiat Panda on the B1107 Brandon Road near Santon Downham.
The male driver of the Fiat was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 33-year-old man from Thetford has been arrested on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol in connection with the collision.
He was taken to West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire crews – two from Thetford and one from Brandon – along with police officers and ambulance paramedics attended the accident.
The road was closed in both directions between the A134 Brandon Road junction in Thetford and the Thetford Road junction in the village for nearly eight hours while an investigation took place.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 9 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
Any witnesses are asked to contact the Serious Collision Team on 101 quoting the reference CAD NC89.