Man has ribs broken after getting hit by car while crossing road
- Credit: Archant
An elderly man suffered serious internal injuries after being hit by a car while crossing the road.
The man, aged in his 70s, was crossing Grove Road in Beccles shortly after 5.10pm on Friday, January 10 when a car collided into him.
The vehicle, a grey Volvo V50, hit into the man and caused one of his ribs to break alongside a fractured hip and other serious internal injuries.
Police are now appealing for witnesses following the collision in Beccles.
An ambulance attended and the man was taken to James Paget Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been discharged from hospital.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision or who may have captured any dash-cam footage of the incident is asked to contact Suffolk police, quoting CAD reference 275 of 10 January.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 9 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each