Man, 61, could have been dead in his home in Dereham for several weeks
A 61-year-old retired soldier could have been dead in his home for several weeks, a inquest heard on Thursday.
Roy Anthony Coe was found dead at Lesley Walk on the Middlemarch Road estate in Toftwood on Thursday December 22.
Norfolk coroner William Armstrong opened the inquest and said a post mortem examination has taken place into but it has not been possible to establish a cause of death for Mr Coe, who was a single man.
Mr Armstrong said that it appeared that Mr Coe had been dead for some time - possibly a matter of weeks rather than days. He added that there was no evidence of trauma and no suggestion of any suspicious circumstances.
Police were called to the home after a relative became concerned for Mr Coe's welfare. He was found after officers entered the building.
The inquest has been adjourned to a date to be fixed pending further investigations.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?