Mamma Mia among new shows heading to Norwich Theatre Royal
- Credit: Brinkhoff/Moegenburg
Abba-inspired musical Mamma Mia is among the new shows coming to Norwich Theatre Royal.
The hit show, which is on its first UK tour, will be at the city venue from March 2 to 25 next year.
Weaving Abba's timeless songs into a tale of family and friendship that unfolds on a Greek island paradise, Mamma Mia has to date been seen by more than 60 million people in 50 productions worldwide. It is one of only five musicals to have run for more than 10 years on both Broadway and in London's West End, and the film version is said to be the highest worldwide grossing live-action musical film of all time.
Meanwhile, actress Felicity Kendal will head the cast of the drama A Room With A View - based on the classic EM Forster novel - from November 7 to 12.
An Afternoon With Sir Roger Moore on November 13 will see the James Bond star chat about his life and career, and on December 18 Rob Kingsley will present A Vision Of Elvis. Actor, writer and comedian Miles Jupp will take to the stage with his spiky comedy on January 9.
You may also want to watch:
John Bultitude, from Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'This is your must-see musical SOS. We are very excited to be welcoming Mamma Mia to the city so that Dancing Queens (and Kings) can enjoy this hugely successful show and some superb performances. Add in a highly-anticipated drama and a wide range of other entertainment, and we are expecting a busy box office as people spend their Money, Money, Money on these fantastic productions.'
Visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 3 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 4 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 5 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 10 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org