Make your own egg-cellent Easter treats
We all love a chocolate egg at Easter and while your local shop will have a wide selection it is a chance for all of us with a sweet tooth to get creative.
So rather than fork out for your eggs, the EDP enlisted columnist and hotelier Vanessa Scott, and her head chef Julia Hetherton, to show us how to make your own.
Mrs Scott, owner of Stratton's Hotel in Swaffham, said: 'I think everyone likes chocolate and a lot of people give up chocolate or sweet things for Lent so it is nice to have a bit of a treat come Easter.
'It makes it even more special if you make it yourself rather than buy an egg from the supermarket.
'In eastern European cultures they do nice decorations of eggs and it is something for the children to do.'
Eggs have been linked to Easter for centuries often as a treat after the fasting of Lent.
Historically theywould have been used up ahead of Lenten fasting and would have been banned in some countries, along with meat.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme
- 10 Hotel landlord admits threatening man with axe