Major route into Norwich reopened after two car crash on St Stephen’s Road
- Credit: Archant
A major route into Norwich has been reopened after two cars crashed on St Stephen's Road.
Norfolk Police and other emergency services were on the scene dealing with a casualty in one of the vehicles.
Sergeant Chris Harris said in a tweet posted at 1.15pm: 'St Stephens is closed while we deal with a two vehicle road traffic collision.'
He added at 1.58pm: ' Two vehicle collision and we're having to keep the road closed as we still have a casualty in one of the vehicles whilst we wait for an ambulance and safety of all emergency services at scene.
'We are all working hard to put measures in place to get the road open as soon as possible.'
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened at 2.29pm.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county