Magnetic sign stolen from Diss first responder car
An emergency first responder's vehicle was targeted by thieves while she was providing emergency care to a patient who had suffered a suspected heart attack.
Diss community first responder Sue Mobbs was attending a call in Victoria Road, Diss shortly after 5pm on Wednesday (June 6), but returned to her Ford Focus to find a magnetic sign bearing the words Ambulance Service First Responder had been removed from the driver's side door of her car.
The town's 11-strong team of first aiders have three or four of the removable signs on the bonnet and doors of their vehicles because they are awaiting clearance to have the logos painted onto a new �10,000 Ford C-Max, which will become the responders main vehicle.
Rachel Hillier, a co-ordinator for the responders, said although the signs were relatively inexpensive to replace, the theft had caused considerable inconvenience as the team relied on donations to survive and this money would have to be used to pay for a replacement.
She added: 'It is just horrid to think that someone would do something like this. It is about �40 for one of these magnetic strips, but we have to fundraise for everything so it is another plunder on our funds, if you like.'
You may also want to watch:
However, she said it was not the first time a magnetic sign had been taken from a responder's vehicle, but on that occasion the property was eventually returned and she hoped for similar success this time. It is probably a trophy for someone who has got a little bit of a warped mind,' she said.
The responders provide first aid to patients until ambulance crews arrive.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon