Magdalen Gates Pre-School presented Norwich In Bloom prize by lord mayor
The children of Magdalen Gates Pre-School have been presented with the cup for winning the Friends of Norwich in Bloom's schools daffodil competition.
The competition was held at The Forum as part of the 2012 Launch of the Friends of Norwich in Bloom.
The Lord Mayor of Norwich, Jenny Lay, presented the pupils with their trophy, continuing the school's success of last year when they won the best hanging basket and diary categories in the summer competitions.
Jo Chiddick, spokesman for the Friends of Norwich in Bloom, said: 'Most schools in Norwich have good gardening clubs and enjoy working on interesting projects throughout the year.
'They are our gardeners of tomorrow and need support and encouragement with these worthwhile projects.
You may also want to watch:
'Chapelfield sponsor the Friends of Norwich in Bloom competitions and this allows them to continue for both the schools and the general public.
'Young children to senior citizens can become involved and ensure that Norwich remains an attractive and colourful city.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
Details of Norwich In Bloom events and competitions can be found at www.norwichinbloom.co.uk