‘We are still getting over the shock’ - anger after Mad-Eye Moody’s eye is stolen
- Credit: Archant
A family have been left 'angry and disappointed' after the eye from their 'Mad-Eye Moody' scarecrow was stolen.
Karen Prime, from Halesworth, and her husband Kevin make the scarecrows for Halesworth Scarecrow Week every year, which Karen organises. This year Mr Prime, the head chef at Halesworth restaurant Edwards, created a lifelike moving scarecrow of Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody - a well-known character in the Harry Potter films. However the family - who are huge Harry Potter fans - have been left disheartened, after finding that someone has stolen the famous eye from the scarecrow.
Posting on the Halesworth Community Voice Facebook page on October 26, Mrs Prime wrote 'Tonight between 7pm and 10pm whilst we were serving at Edwards some heartless, selfish, peasant took the homemade eye ball of Mad-Eye Moody. We are still getting over the shock that someone would do this. If anyone has any information please pop in [to Edwards] and see me or if you are the person that took it please just bring it back as this took my husband [Kevin] a week to make and he is angry and disappointed that someone has taken it and that the final day our scarecrow will go out damaged.
'I will not allow this behaviour to dishearten us from doing scarecrows but I would like to know why! A lot of people have enjoyed the scarecrow week and we will do it again next year.'
Karen also added - 'It's so sad as the whole week has been the best week ever.'
You may also want to watch:
The Halesworth Scarecrow Week is a popular week-long activity in the area, with lots of local businesses getting involved. A Scarecrow Hunt takes place where certain businesses display letters which, when rearranged, spell words from children's films. People have the chance to win cash prizes and the first person drawn out also helps Father Christmas switch on the Halesworth Town Christmas Lights.
Mrs Prime and her family organise the event every year, and would just like to see the eye returned. Please pop into Edwards in Halesworth or message them over Facebook here if you know anything.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting