Macarons & More join forces with The English Whisky Co. to create boozy new sweet treat
- Credit: Macarons & More
Calling all whisky lovers! Norwich patisserie Macarons & More have teamed up with The English Whisky Co. to create a new range of treats.
After much team work, testing and tasting, the two Norfolk-based companies created The English Whisky Macaron, which will be available from Friday, August 18.
The unique twist on the French macaron features smokey single malt whisky which is formed into a jelly cube and encased inside a meringue shell with a stem ginger and white chocolate ganache.
Tim Kinnaird, founder of Macarons & More, said: 'I was delighted to take up the challenge of developing a whisky macaron.
'This is a very grown up cake and something a bit different for us. We wanted to let the flavour of the whisky speak for itself.'
The English Whisky Macarons cost £1.70 each and are being sold at Macarons & More's shop in Norwich's Royal Arcade, as well as online and at The English Whisky Co.'s distillery bistro in Roudham.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk